South Metro's trusted HVAC
contractor since 1977!
Tips for Cooling and Heating
1. Set the thermostat as high as comfort will permit.
2. Make sure attics are adequately ventilated to relieve heat buildup. If necessary, improve airflow by adding or enlarging vents.
3. When building a new house or renovating an old one, choose light-colored roof shingles to reflect more of the sun’s heat.
4. During moderate weather, don’t use the air conditioner unnecessarily.
5. Draw blinds or drapes to block the sunlight during the hottest part of the day.
6. Install awnings over windows exposed to direct sunlight.
7. In the cooling season, don’t run kitchen and bath exhaust fans longer than necessary.
8. Don’t place lamps, TV sets or other heat producing devices beneath a wall-mounted thermostat. Rising heat from that equipment may cause the air conditioning system to overcool your house.
1. Locate the thermostat on an inside wall away from windows and doors.
2. Set the thermostat as low as comfort permits. Each degree over 68° can add 3% to the amount of energy needed for heating.
3.People generate heat, so lower the thermostat a degree or two when expecting a large group of guests.